VCIRust-X patented VCI Masterbatch3100 PC is an anti-corrosion master batch designed for both ferrous and most of the non-ferrous metals.The VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) additives are partly based on chemicals with migration ability and vapor pressure to release the active anticorrosion molecules from the film and out in the environmental air to protect the metal packed from corrosion.Extrusion of polyethylene film with VCI MB-3100 PC will produce a finished product that combines the properties of polyethylene resin and the VCI which will solve the corrosion problems. It is available in neutral colour and desired film colour can be made by adding a Colour Masterbatch by the manufacturer.The 3100 PC Masterbatch is free from Secondary Amines and Nitrites and complies to REACH, ROHS and TRGS 615 rules.The film made using this masterbatch passes the German Razor Blade test & VIA test of the film as well as Salt Spray Tests.
German Razor Blade Test
How to do Razor Blade Test
- Take two blades
- Clean them with ethyl Alcohol
- Dip in distilled water
- Place these blades in wet condition in a plastic bag
- Observe after 2 hours and then 24 hours
- The effective VCI bag will not let the blade to form corrosion
VIA TEST- TRUE VCI TEST
How to do VIA Test
- The VIA test is done to check the vapor inhibiting ability of the VCI Plastic.
- In this case the VCI film or product is not in contact with the metal surface
- The VCI is able to evaporate and deposit on to the metal which is away from the VCI Emitting Product.
- Water is added after 20 hours of VCI Exposure and allowed to deposit on tometal for 2 hours after which the metal specimen is checked for corrosion.
- At the completion of the test a true VCI product will show no corrosion.
- The Blank will fail in the test with full surface corroded.
Films using VCI 3100 PC MB
• 5% in all thickness
• Natural Colour MB
• Easily Printable
• No Fumes during processing
• No smell During Processing
• For Coex Films use VCI MB only Middle and InnerLayers
• Works for